STATEMENT ON FINANCES AND DEBT
ACWI acknowledges what the Bible has to say about possessions: “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. . .” (Psalm 24:1 -- KJV). ACWI further believes that it is the LOVE of money, not money itself, that is the root of all sorts of evil (1 Timothy 6:10). Scripture has plenty to say about money, and it is from Scripture that we develop this Statement on Finances and Debt.
ACWI has three primary sources of revenue:
- Generous donors who invest in the ministry - people like you who believe in our vision to impart Biblical worldview teaching to the church of Jesus Christ
- Business sponsors of our radio ministry, Every Square Inch
- Registration fees from our conferences and workshops
We also have been blessed to receive some funds from the Arizona Christian Worldview Foundation, which is committed to the same beliefs and principles as we are. (ACW Foundation is a foundation at the National Heritage Foundation – http://www.nhf.org).
If you wish to make a tax-deductible contribution in order to further the mission of ACWI, we respectfully request that your contributions be made by cash, check, or debit / check card - NO CREDIT CARDS (in keeping with our teaching regarding debt). Check Card donations can be made online by simply clicking here.
Additionally, if you - or someone you know - is a Christian business owner, you can support the ministry by sponsoring Every Square Inch: The Arizona Christian Worldview Hour. We still have a couple of sponsorship opportunities available for the show. Please call Keith Shull at 602-361-5678 for more information. . . and remember to tune in to KPXQ, 1360 AM on Saturday mornings at 7:00 AM for Every Square Inch: The Arizona Christian Worldview Hour.
- Genesis 41:35-36 encourages us to save and store up for the “coming famine.” “Famine” can be any sort of emergency: illness, loss of a job, financial loss, etc.
- Proverbs 21:20 encourages us to be wise and maintain a “store of choice food and oil.” In comparison, it is the fool that “devours all that he has” (NIV).
Based on these and other Scriptures, ACWI shall endeavor to set aside a minimum of 2.5% of all income for saving and investing purposes. This is our intention, not a “hard-and-fast” policy, but we realize that discipline and consistency make all the difference when it comes to saving and investing.
- Proverbs 3:9 tells us to “Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase. . .” (NKJV).
- 2 Corinthians 9:7 reminds us that “. . . God loves a cheerful giver” (NKJV).
- Psalm 62:10 tells us “…if riches increase, do not set your heart on them” (NKJV).
Based on these and other Scriptues, ACWI shall contribute a minimum of 2.5% of all income to charitable causes that agree with our own mission and purpose. This shall be a permanent policy of the organization.
Proverbs 22:7 reminds us what many of us know from experience: debt is a form of slavery: "The rich rules over the poor and the borrower is slave to the lender" (NASB).
Proverbs 6:1-5 encourages us to “deliver ourselves” from creditors and from “pledges” we have made. The image of the gazelle in this passage teaches us that this is to be done rapidly and with intensity!
Romans 13:8 tells us to “Owe no man anything except to love one another. . .” (NKJV).
Based on these and other Scriptures, ACWI shall implement the following permanent policies:
- ACWI as an entity will not incur debt under any circumstances, not even a mortgage for the purchase of real estate.
- Students will be asked to NOT use credit cards when paying for conferences or coursework (either registration or tuition).
- Donors will be asked to NOT use credit cards when contributing.
As a part of this Statement, ACWI shall implement the following Check Card Policy as regards on-line donations:
Check Card Policy
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute opposes debt on biblical grounds (Proverbs 6:1-5; Proverbs 22:7; Romans 13:8, and others). For that reason, we oppose the use of credit cards.
We respectfully request that if you wish to donate to ACWI, that you please use a check card – rather than a credit card*.
Number 1 - We are NOT accepting credit cards! Please understand that using credit cards for purchases or accepting credit cards for donations is something that ACWI will NEVER do, as long as the Institute exists.
CHECK CARD means CASH. CREDIT means CREDIT --
* ACWI recognize that that the Visa and MasterCard virtual monopoly on the check/debit card industries prohibits merchants from only taking check cards. As such, it is impossible for us to ensure that every donor has complied with our check card policy. We trust that all of our donors hold EXCEEDINGLY high levels of INTEGRITY and maintain EXTRAORDINARILY high standards of TRUTH and HONESTY. Basically, anyone donating to us who does not follow this policy is a shady and dishonest character. Don't put yourself in this group. You're better than that. Stick to our policy, NO CREDIT CARDS, and we’ll all be happy.
This statement adapted from and used with permission of the Lampo Group, Brentwood, Tennessee
REMEMBER: The Arizona Christian Worldview Institute is a 501(c)3 organization. If you wish to make a tax-deductible contribution, OR:
checks can be made out to the Arizona Christian Worldview Institute and mailed to:
1107 E. Michelle Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85022
Make a secure donation to Arizona Christian Worldview Institute with PayPal: